HomeForumsPanoPress SupportWP 4.0 Compatibility?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Seth Bloombaum
    Participant

Disclaimer: I’m using WP for the first time for a class. I selected Panopress as I’d like my student project to display 360×180 panos using PTGui’s 9.x html5/flash viewer.

Had a few setup challenges. But the biggest problem seems to be using the “embed pano” control, or using the (undocumented) title=”a title” parameter.

Per above, this project started on WP4.0, using the theme Mantra. Per other support docs, I tried a native WP theme, same behavior.

The Embed Pano control in a post will display, but plugging in some values and clicking “insert” has no result. Control contents are emptied, the control remains displayed, nothing is inserted in the post.

Shortcode is working. However, there was a line to the left of the embedded pano, and a separate line to the left of what looks like a title area. I tried using title=”a title” in the shortcode; no title displayed, but the lines no longer rendered in the post.

End result – I have basic functionality, but am wondering about WP4.0 compatibility. I’d like to get a title…

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

no problems on my end w WP 4, if the contents of the embed box are not being written to shortcode in post it may be a conflict with another plugin, have you tried disabling all other plugins ?

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Seth Bloombaum
    Participant

…have you tried disabling all other plugins ?

Thanks for your response.
    Yes, I just tried it; site is under development, so only a couple others were active. I turned them off and selected WP “twenty fourteen” as the theme, and same behavior.

Using the embed control doesn’t generate code. Using shortcode works, but the title never appears, but a strange appearance if a title isn’t included.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

we would really need to see a working link to your site to determine what else might be going wrong, but if panopress is not functioning properly on a clean install of WP with default theme and no other plugins it may be something to do with your server or browser….

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.