HomeForumsPanoPress SupportTried all possible solutions in forums but cant get it to work

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Frostmoon 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Frostmoon
    Participant

Hi all! This is my first time that im using Panopress and i do have some issues unfortunately…

First of all im using Ricoh Theta to create 360 files.

They do get saved as .jpg files.

I followed all the instructions regarding the upload from ftp + all the solutions provided for code syntax ( tryed a few things on my own too ) but i still don’t see any panorama.

I’am trying to insert the code in a Wp Page ( not post ) if that makes any difference (but i guess not).

From what i see so far, wordpress can’t identify the code, like in text the code is cool and intact but gives nothing visual.

Tryed to convert the jpg file into a swf in case thats the problem but still nothing happens, wordpress fails to visualize the code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

panopress will not convert a jpg into an interactive pano, you must use one of the recommended pano players

you must convert your jpg to html5 or flash using pano2vr or krpano etc, as explained in the instructions

http://www.panopress.org/instructions/

alternatively, you could upload your jpg panos to google views etc and use their embed code

https://www.google.com/maps/views/

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Frostmoon
    Participant

Hey thanks for your reply and sorry for my late follow up question but i was trying a number of things to see what solution fits me best.

So as it seems my panoramas when using Krpano work for my site but Panotour has some features that Krpano doesn’t have. ( i have them both on trial version and trying to figure out which licence to go for ).

Problem is that when im trying to integrate Panotour panoramas the same way i integrate krpano ones ( using panopress shortcode, into the same ftp folders ), they dont seem to work.

They show up like the problem i described in my original post. Nothing happens as the wordpress can’t “read” panopress shortcode.

Is this a feature caused by the trial version of Panotour or do i need to make something else?

Thanks for your time! ( Yea kinda noob with 360 views etc )

Code im using *masked for obvious reason*

pano file=”http://www.XXXXXXX.XXX/wp-content/uploads/XXXXXfolder/my-pano/test.html”]

pano file=”my-pano/test.html”]

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

kolor panotour/pro is just a GUI for krpano, panotour just gives you a nice interface for using most krpano features, check the kolor site for limitations on panotour demo version

also note that panotour license includes a license for krpano

have you tried checking the direct link to your pano outside of wordpress to make sure it works properly on its own before embedding ?

see the panopress FAQ for more troubleshooting tips

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/panopress-troubleshooting-faq-read-me/

sam

Martin
    Participant

Hey thanks for your reply and sorry for my late follow up question but i was trying a number of things to see what solution fits me best.

So as it seems my panoramas when using Krpano work for my site but Panotour has some features that Krpano doesn’t have. ( i have them both on trial version and trying to figure out which licence to go for ).

Problem is that when im trying to integrate Panotour panoramas the same way i integrate krpano ones ( using panopress shortcode, into the same ftp folders ), they dont seem to work.

They show up like the problem i described in my original post. Nothing happens as the wordpress can’t “read” panopress shortcode.

Is this a feature caused by the trial version of Panotour or do i need to make something else?

Thanks for your time! ( Yea kinda noob with 360 views etc )

Code im using *masked for obvious reason*

pano file=”http://www.XXXXXXX.XXX/wp-content/uploads/XXXXXfolder/my-pano/test.html”]

pano file=”my-pano/test.html”]

I use Panotour + panopress + wordpress
    This code works for me OK :
    [
    pano file=”http://www.xxxxxx.xxx//wp-content/uploads/xxxx.html” preview=”http://www.xxxxxx.xxx//wp-content/uploads/xxxxdata/thumbnail.jpg” ]

Make sure the xxxx.html file and the xxxxdata folder are stored at the right level in the hierarchy

Martin

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

yes, always verify the url paths you are using are working properly outside of wordpress and panopress, if it does not work on its own it will not work when embedded 😉

sam

Frostmoon
    Participant

Hi and thanks for your reply’s!

Tried your code Martin using my folder path but still i get no result. It is strange tho because the same code works for krpano tours.

Sam

1) Yea the tour direct link is working as intended

2) Aint using Panotour Pro because i don’t really need all those special features, just the plain simple one.

3) Checked all possible solutions in your FAQ but still get no result. Just a blank page

4) As for the trial version limitations its all about Watermark and Logo, nothing else in bizarre mode.

I’am attaching a screen shot with the code(s) that give me that blank page. I’ve only hidden the domain name. The rest its fine, can be change anytime so…

Attachments:

Martin
    Participant

I use exactly the same format as the 4th example in your attachment except I include the preview= option as well to specify the thumbnail file

The only thing I can see in your attachment is you have used curly quotes in the 4th example shown and I think it has to be straight quotes but other than that it looks OK to me

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

yes, looks like frostmoon is using the wrong quote marks in panopress shortcode, see this bit in the FAQ about proper use of quotes

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/panopress-troubleshooting-faq-read-me/

Curly Quotes vs Straight Quotes
    Always double check the quote symbols in your shortcode, make sure you are using only straight quotes and not any kind of smart or curly quotes, curly quotes will cause the shortcode to fail

so –

straight (normal) quotes = good

curly (smart) quotes = bad

if your theme or some other plugin etc is automatically changing your quotes, try using the wp text editor rather than the wp fancy editor when posting

sam

Frostmoon
    Participant

Thanks guys for your help and sorry for coming back again and again to ask for your aid!

-Sam

Curly quotes are not the case, my screenshot was bad cause i tryed both straight and curly quotes and got the screenshot with the *curly tryout*.

And no theme doesn’t automatically change them, remember i told you krpano ones working as intended with the exact same short code and path?

Run out of ideas here :/

Thanks again for your time!

Frostmoon
    Participant

Update : Also used the “Play” button to see what is going on

It does show the button but when you click on it its completely empty.

For some reason panopress can’t read the html file created by panotour

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.