HomeForumsPanoPress SupportTroubleshooting WordPress Performance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  comitzuu 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sam Rohn
    Site Admin

some of you may have noticed some speed and performance issues on this site lately, these should be mostly sorted out at this point but please let us know if the site is still loading unusually slowly for anyone

should anyone else need to monitor or optimize performance on your own wordpress sites, here are a few of the plugins i have been using to get to the bottom of this

monitoring your site w http://gtmetrix.com or similar can be helpful too

P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)

This plugin creates a profile of your WordPress site’s plugins’ performance by measuring their impact on your site’s load time. Often times, WordPress sites load slowly because of poorly configured plugins or because there are so many of them. By using the P3 plugin, you can narrow down anything causing slowness on your site.

ServerBuddy tests server configuration to look for problems with hosting configuration and determine hosting quality. Additionally it provides several tools such a WordPress CRON viewer, site size mapper, database table viewer, and more.

DebugWp will place a new toolbar at the bottom of your wordpress site only visible to Administrators that shows query etc information about any particular page you are looking at.

WP-DBManager allows you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Forum Member

I have good results with “WP Super Cache” for caching the side “WP Smush.it” to compress pictures (it´s good for Previews and it works automatically) with very good results and “WP CleanFix” for clean up the database.

I also have activated xCache on my Apache. But since I´ve done this, there are a conflict with PanoBox.

Did anybody have Information about Problems between xCache and PanoPress and how I can solve this?

On the follow Webside you can test your Performance from your side:

Best reagards

Forum Member

I also recommend you this web side:

Here you find some code to insert into your htaccess. I used it today and my Pagespeed speeds up from 72% to 85%. You can test it also here:

Really, it is amazing…

After “# WordPress Ends” inside htaccess, I just used the Gzip Compression (<ifmodule>):

and the Caching with both mod_expires + mod_headers:

My Webside works on Apache. You can see it here: http://indikator-design.de

Hope it´s helpful…

Best regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.