HomeForumsPanoPress SupportPopup not working on iPhone?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Herman
    Participant

Hello all,

I installed the panopress plugin in my website, but before actually using it, I asked someone to browse to my testpage with his iPhone.

There my popup doesn’t open fullscreen as I wanted. On Android, PC and Mac, it works perfect.

This is the link, the test- pano is generated with Pano2VR:

http://www.hermandesmet.be/portfolio/?page_id=2518

And here’s a screenshot of what goes wrong:

http://hermandesmet.be/img/test.png

Does any of you have an idea on what I can do to make this work in iPhone too?

Kind regards,

Herman

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

i see the same error, it works ok when panobox is launched from horizintal orientation screen, but  displays oddly when launched from vertical screen as in your screenshot

try it with default theme and no other plugins loaded, does it display the same odd behavior ?

we also have some fixes coming for panobox in the next panopress relsase, so stay tuned…

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Herman
    Participant

No luck!

To test it out I did a fresh install of wordpress, just installed only 1 plugin: panopress and put 1 pano in a post as testcase:

http://icreatewebsites.be/rooftops

I still get half a popup.

You too?

Kind regards,

Herman

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

i think this is caused by the responsive theme you are using, which seems to be limiting the panobox size to the the content width, but the pano embed itself is being displayed wider than the content and this is squeezing the content width in portrait orientation and messing everything up…

for now try using a theme with a fixed width, or adjusting your embed and panobox sizes, the next release of panopress (before the end of the year) will support % based widths and resolve this issue

sam

Herman
    Participant

Thanks Sam!

This test-theme was the standard wordpress theme that was installed, I didn’t modify anything…

Looking forward to the upgrade of panopress!

Kind regards,

Herman

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

for now, using a theme with a fixed width will solve these probs, or try another responsive theme which may behave differently

sam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.