HomeForumsPanoPress SupportPanoPress and Responsive WordPress Themes ?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

msmazza
    Participant

I asm using responsive theme which resized properly based on user divice but the panopress output does not resize based on device.  On iPhone the PanoProtour sits to the right side of page and is off the screen.  Can ayone point me to how to resize this elment based on device.  SOmeone has pointed me to old forum where this code was mentioned:

[media version=”desktop”]desktop [*pano file=”qbb/virtualtour.html” width=”890″ height=”400″][/media]

[media version=”tablet”]tablet [*pano file=”qbb/virtualtour.html” width=”660″ height=”320″][/media]

[media version=”mobile”]mobile [*pano file=”qbb/virtualtour.html” width=”270″ height=”200″][/media]

[media version=”mini”]mini[*pano file=”qbb/virtualtour.html” width=”195″ height=”150″][/media]

It displays all version. Can anyone help me code for displaying the version based on the device being used?

Many thanks

Mike

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi mike

i edited you post a bit, added “*” in the shortcode to stop the code you posted from rendering pano embed output, and changed the post title & tags for accuracy

the old forum post you are referring to is here –

http://www.panopress.org/forum/discussion/176/responsive-theme-without-fixed-width

it was posted by arnaud chapin, and he may have been using another plugin to generate the media shortcodes, or perhaps it was built into a theme he was using, i will send him an email and ask, and ill let you know here when i find out

thanks

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Arnaud Chapin
    Participant

The “versionning” shortcode is built in “website” wordpress theme. This theme is built by Kuba sto and can be bought on theme forest.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

thanks arnaud 🙂

i believe this is the theme you mean

http://themeforest.net/item/website-responsive-wordpress-theme/

so it looks like this shortcode will only work with that theme, unless someone can convince the author to release it as a stand alone plugin…

otherwise, we will be looking to add something like this to panopress in a future update

thanks again

sam

Arnaud Chapin
    Participant

Sam,

Your contribution to VR community is great. 🙂 Thank so much !

A “versionning” panopress would be great.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

thanks arnaud 🙂

compatibility w responsive wordpress themes is a frequent request, so we will be adding something like this as soon as we can, many thanks for your help and suggestions here

sam

msmazza
    Participant

Thank you both for your response and help.

Mike

Brice
    Participant

Hi everybody
    first of all : BIG THANKS FOR THIS PLUGIN ! 😉

I still have this problem with my theme… look : http://bricegenevois.com/visiter-360-ile-de-sal-cap-vert/

panoramas does not resize based on devices

do you have one idea to fix this problem or i need to change my theme !!!!!!!
    nooooooooo

thanks

Brice
    Participant

nobody ??????

Nick Case-Leng
    Participant

Hi Brice

CSS MEDIA QUERY – MAKING YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE MOBILE-RESPONSIVE
    You can probably do this with a CSS media query hack (@media). If your WordPress theme has a custom CSS section, put the code there. If not, install a custom CSS plugin such as Simple CSS. It also helps to use a browser code plugin tool such as Firebug, to test the code interactively. When you find what works, copy and paste it from the plugin area to the custom CSS within WordPress.

Kind regards
    Nick

Nick Case-Leng
    Web designer | Photographer | Tutor
    skylime.co.uk

Brice
    Participant

thanks for your answer Nick !
    since i decided to change my theme…
    thanks again 😉
    regards
    Brice

pixartmx
    Participant

I’m using a responsive theme but when i use the pano file code doesn’t scale for the device. what can i do to have to resize the pano based on device.

this is my code in the post

pano file=”………./Index.html” panobox=”off” button=”off” width=”960″ height=”500″

Regards

Jaime

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

you are using a pixel based width, use a percentage for width like this and it will scale to parent div width

pano file=”pano/Index.html” panobox=”off” button=”off” width=”100%″ height=”500″

controlling height is another matter, this requires writing custom CSS media queries as explained here –

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/responsive-panorama-embeds-with-panopress/

sam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.