HomeForumsPanoPress SupportPanoBox iPad/iPhone

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

truikol
    Participant

Hi guys,

You’ve been of great help before. Hopefully you can help me again…

Using Pano2VR I have managed to get my panorama to function on iPad/iPhone, but only when embedded. It doesn’t work in the PanoBox.

When you click on the play button, the Panobox opens showing the panorama, but it won’t rotate.

Please see http://www.fotografieberg.nl/projects/test/

(In Safari and IE9 the Panobox functions fine by the way)

Can you help me with this..?

Greets,
    Remco

truikol
    Participant

Ah, I discovered something. As said in my previous post, when I view a panorama in the PanoBox, it won’t rotate. But if I than click on the home button of the iPad (or iPhone), and open Safari again, voila it works!

This should give you some direction to the cause of the problem I hope?

truikol
    Participant

Since I can’t expect people to fist click on the home button and open Safari again, it’s still a problem. Just to be sure you understood my previous post correctly..

truikol
    Participant

Ehm, I meant fiRst click 🙂

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi remco

i get the same results on my ipad, after opening the panobox pano it will not navigate until safari is exited (not quit) and re-entered, as if touch events were being blocked somehow

have you tried disabling other wordpress plugins and using wordpress default theme ?

what happens when you do not mix panobox and no panobox panos on same page ? (it should work fine either way)

can you post a screenshot of your panopress settings ?

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

truikol
    Participant

Hi Sam,

Thanx for your reply. Disabling the other plugins and using the wordpress default theme didn’t help. For which I’m glad, because that means the theme I’m using is not the cause of the problem.

I have attached a print screen of my Panopress setting. Perhaps you can see something’s not right. If not, and you have never heard of this problem before, than I must have done something wrong in Pano2VR. Right..?

truikol
    Participant

Oh yeah, forgot. I also discovered that if you move the page up and down on the iPad (with the PanoBox open), the PanoBox suddenly works. As if it’s activated somehow. Please try for yourself to see what I mean. I’ve made the PanoBox a bit smaller by the way, so it’s easier to move the page.

http://www.fotografieberg.nl/projects/test/

truikol
    Participant

Any thoughts? Still haven’t resolved the problem..

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

we are working on an upcoming release of panopress which has fixes for some panobox problems, which may solve your issue, should be released in the next few weeks if all goes well

sam

ezlxq73
    Participant

I too have exactly the same problem – latest PanoPress, latest WordPress but using KRPano and I see this problem on android (Chrome browser)… I’ve not checked iPad and other devices yet. The same work arounds work.

Example page:
    http://www.jamesrigg.com/2010/02/genting-highlands/
    Note the second panorama with play icon is displayed using PanoPress, the first one is displayed using code I created but which is KRPano Flash only.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi james

this should have been resolved w panopress 1.1, i will try to have a look at your page w the browsers you mentioned this weekend and see if i can reproduce this issue

sam

ezlxq73
    Participant

Hi Sam,

I’ve got it working with my own code within my wordpress theme independently of PanoPress. If you go to the link in my earlier post, the first panorama now works including displaying the HTML5 version of KRPano. However I am using FancyBox2 not LightBox or whatever PanoPress is using/based on. I am not sure if this is a factor?

I would prefer to use PanoPress and simply the customisations in my theme to make it easier to manage going forward.

Thanks
    James

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi james

omer is looking into this and other recent issues, so we should have either an update or hotfix shortly

sam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.