HomeForumsPanoPress SupportNo Longer Preview swf in update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OldO
    Participant

I used to have the 0.9 plugin version and I used .swf at the end of the shortcode file.
    IE: /wp-content/panorama/meeting rooms.swf” width=”750″ height=”350″ panobox=”on”

The preview image was a still image of the pano with all controls, no movement.

After updating to the newest plugin version I lost this preview.

From what I read I now need to capture a .jpg image of the pano or whatever picture I want
    and use that in the shortcode.
    IE: /wp-content/panorama/meeting rooms.jpg” width=”750″ height=”350″ panobox=”on”

The earlier version was great, no need for extra work to make new .jpg images and upload them, etc. The new version has created more work.
    I have approximately 10 pages now that I have to go and fix.
    Right now I only have a play button with a empty white background as no .jpg images exists.

I feel sorry for anyone that had 20 or more pages and did the update.

Is there a way to get the .swf back for a still preview?

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

no version of panopress ever automatically created preview images for swf or any other panorama files, it has always been required to add them per shortcode like this

if you embed a swf with panobox on and no preview image, all you will see is a preview button, same in 0.9, 1.0, 1.1 etc, but the shortcode is not really intended to be used that way, panobox has always required a preview image otherwise

can you try moving back to 0.9 and confirm things were working as you described ? i cant imagine how you could have had a preview image for panobox without including it in the shortcode, the images had to have come from somewhere, panopress could not have extracted them from the swf files…

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

OldO
    Participant

Thanks Sam;

Last night I did use a screen capture program and copped and pasted an image of the panotour with its buttons and uploaded the new images to the wp-content/panorama file.

I did changed all of the coding for the preview from .swf to .jpg

The site is looking fine now.

New code:

It took about 1 hour last night to fix up.

It happened after I did the update for your plugin.

Honestly the .swf preview did work prior

And the image look like the following:

I do not want to reload the older plugin as I need to update my plugins so that I can safely update my version of wordpress. Currently running wp 3.3.1

Thanks for your help/reply.

Bill W.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hmm, i think what might have been happening is that the panopress play button was displaying over the swf, and the swf was frozen until the button was pressed, prob this was a bug in 0.9 fixed in 1.0, this was never the intended behavior

there is no way any version of panopress was ever generating a preview image from a swf or any other pano, trust me 🙂

if the pano was being loaded behind the play button (even if pano is frozen) it would still download entire pano to the browser and load into memory etc, the point of preview images and play button is to avoid this and save memory and bandwidth, and a separate preview img has always been required

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.