HomeForumsPanoPress SupportNewbie need help uloading his first virtual tour

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  adjustablefocusphotography 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Egami
    Participant

Hi
    I have developed my first virtual tour in pano2vr, it consists of two panorama, the output files from panot2vr contains the following files:
    my-pano.html
    my-pano_2html
    my-pano.swf
    my-pano.xml
    my-pano.jpeg
    pano2vr_player.js
    skin.js
    swfobject.js
    music.mp3
    I use photocrati theme in the wordpress , As per instructions, i made the following directory in my WordPress using filezella (wp-content/uploads/panoramas/my-pano/my-pano.xml), in filezella I dragged the above all files including the music files to (my-pano/) folder, I created a new page in wordpress, clicked the panopress icon in the page editor to create the shortcode and in in the preview nothing appear expect long black window , what I’m doing wrong , can u guide me step by step in a simple way ? I got frustrated trying, I have only shallow knowledge in this matter. Your assistance is much appreciated

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi egami

“my-pano” is just an example name, you can use any name for your pano files you wish, but try to use dashes rather than spaces in your file names, “my-pano”, not “my pano”, “times-sq-1” not “times sq 1” etc to avoid probs w spaces in url paths

you should always confirm your pano is working properly on its own via its own url link outside of wordpress if you are having probs w panopress embed

otherwise, you can try embedding as .html if .xml is giving you problems

also confirm that your upload folder and shortcode paths are set properly as per the panopress instructions

http://www.panopress.org/instructions/

also see the panopress help guide for common problems and solutions

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/panopress-troubleshooting-faq-read-me/

take your time to absorb all of this, if you are still having problems, reply here w the info requested in the FAQ and we will try to sort you out 🙂

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

DanielHens
    Participant

Hello There,

I’m a newbie to.
    I’m not completely stupid but i think to give it up.
    My site b2b-photography.be is ready for virtual tours or it should be.
    My web designer and i are ready to go to war in the meantime.

So i activate the plugin ‘panopress’ i upload my file just like the manual described.
    But no result. and this is just one file not a complet tour.

So i’m looking for a freelance solution.
    Pls contact me

Thnks in advance
    Daniel

DanielHens
    Participant

hi egami

my-pano is just an example name, you can use any name for your pano files you wish, but try to use dashes rather than spaces in your file names, “my-pano”, not “my pano”, “times-sq-1″ not “times sq 1″ etc to avoid probs w spaces in url paths

you should always confirm your pano is working properly on its own via its own url link outside of wordpress if you are having probs w panopress embed

otherwise, you can try embedding as .html if .xml is giving you problems

also confirm that your upload folder and shortcode paths are set properly as per the panopress instructions

http://www.panopress.org/instructions/

also see the panopress help guide for common problems and solutions

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/panopress-troubleshooting-faq-read-me/

take your time to absorb all of this, if you are still having problems, reply here w the info requested in the FAQ and we will try to sort you out :)

sam

Thanks for advice .
    I wasking or there is something like a ‘testcase’ in wordpress.
    I have the same problems an i’m not able to show my pano .
    If it was possible to run a testcase i could have feedback and error rapport.

But my goal is to find quick a solution.
    i can do some things my own or i like to have a freelance service.
    if this is service is professional no problem at all.

Th

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi daniel

i am not sure i understand your questions ?

it is best to take your time reading and understanding the panopress instructions and be patient, it can take time to absorb some of this if you have no prior experience with building and running your own web site

if you are having problems it is always a good idea to make sure you can access your panorama via its own direct URL outside of wordpress and confirm it is working properly in the first place, that way you can rule out other possible issues w wordpress etc

otherwise, as above, take the time to read the panopress instructions and panopress help guide

if you still have probs PLEASE respond w the info requested in the help guide/FAQ and we will try to sort you out

sam

Egami
    Participant

Finally i fixed it by using the absolute url, my directory is like this (www.mydomain.com/public_html/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/my-pano/Sudan.xml), i renamed the swfobject.js to sudan.js, correct me same if i’m wrong.
    i think uploading skin.js, pano2vr_player.js, swfobject.js, music.mp3 and image.jpeg is necessary, my questions Sam if i uploaded the .xml file do i need to upload .html and .swf files, my second question Sam can i display more than one panorama/vt in in one page in WordPress using panopress, if that is possible , how?

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi egami

which files you need to upload and how they are named is really a question about your preferred pano player, krpano, pano2vr, etc, but if a particular export setting creates a file, then you probably need it for your pano to work 🙂

best way to figure these things out is by trial and error, you may or may not need certain files depending on how you have things configured, consult the docs and forums for your player for more info and make sure your pano works properly on its own before embedding with panopress if you are not sure

you can of course display multiple pano embeds in a single wordpress page by using multiple instances of the panopress shortcode, pano=”path/pano1.htm”, pano=”path/pano2.htm”, etc

note that displaying multiple panorama embeds without preview images on a single page will possibly cause memory errors and browser crashes, but there is a “one pano per page” option in panopress settings which will close the last pano before opening new one to avoid such problems

sam

Hello, I am in need of help with running a virtual tour on my site using pano press. I use the simplicity theme. I use godaddy as a host. I use Panotour 2.0 <not pro> to create the virtual tour.
    Here is what my file structure looks like from my desk top to ftp
    virtual-tour-1 <this is the folder>
    –> virtual-tour-1.html
    –> virtual-tour-1data <this is a folder>
    —>dsc_0084_panorama_6 <folder>
    —>dsc_0084_panorama_7 <folder>
    —>graphics <folder>
    —>lib <folder>
    —>spots <folder>
    —>virtual-tour-1.xml
    —>virtual-tour-1_messages_en.xml
    —>virtual-tour-1_skin.xml
    —>virtual-tour-1.js
    —>virtual-tour-1.swf
    —>virtual-tour-1.xml

That is put into a folder structured like so-
    adjustablefocusphotography
    –>wp-content <folder>
    —>uploads <folder>
    —>panoramas <folder>
    —>my-pano <folder>
    —> <folder>this is were the virtual-tour-1.html folder is as stated above.

I used the pp icon in the tool bar and put virtual-tour-1.html in the file field and then insert giving [ pano file=”virtual-tour-1.html”] in the text box.

Then publish, and preview to get Page Not Found.

Could you direct me to what the problem is?

Thank you!
    R

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.