HomeForumsPanoPress Supportmy-pano/my-pano.xml missing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Forum Member

As above. I am following the installation instructions, but where I should have:

I have:

What have I done wrong?

Sam Rohn
    Site Admin

my-pano etc is an EXAMPLE NAME, it is not a real file unless you personally created and uploaded a file with that name at that path to your server, you must create your own panoramas with krpano or similar app, and upload them via ftp as described in the instructions, see the panopress instructions for details

or am i misunderstanding your question ?

please submit all of the info requested in the troubleshooting faq, direct links to your embed page & pano, etc and we caan try to figure out what is going on

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Forum Member

I have attempted to follow your instructions to the letter, but everything I do results in a big play button on my page and at one point 4 big play buttons on my page, each of which open a blank panobox? After this I am totally confused. It is only by luck that I managed to put the edited example codes into the page as I did, I found nothing to tell me to do it. Now I am sure this is my ignorance about WP for a start and I am not in the least saying this is not my fault, but it would be immensely help full if I could see what the contents of my wp-content/uploads/panoramas folder was supposed to look like. I used panorama2flash 1.00 to obtain my files, is this an act of stupidity, I have no idea if it is?

my files look like this:

_scene       dir,

Are all these files supposed to go in wp-content/uploads/panoramas ?

As far as your requests for info.

There is nothing on the page to demonstrate the problem because I don’t know what to insert into the page?

All codes are failing

panopress and wordpress new today

Sam Rohn
    Site Admin

hi colin

i have never used panorama2flash, so you will have to consult the instructions for that application as to its proper use, which files are required etc, you could also try their forums, here – http://www.easypano.com/forum/13/

it seems panorama2flash is an older application which has not been updated since 2007, i would recommend using a more modern panorama display application like pano2vr, panotour pro, krpano, flashificator, saladoplayer etc

you will also need to upload a working panorama to your webserver that works on its own when accessed directly, outside of wordpress & panopress, see the documentation for panorama2flash and consult your webhost for information about using FTP to upload files to your website

see this topic for more info and details, but you will prob need to spend some time getting your head around all of this if it is new and seems confusing, patience is the key

once you have all of that sorted out, it should work as below

here is a direct link to a panorama2flash pano from the easypano site

you would embed that pano using panopress like this –

and it should result in this

Javascript not activated

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.