HomeForumsPanoPress SupportMenu hidden behind pano, Internet Explorer issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jesper Frehr
    Participant

Hi all you Panopressers

I have a problem on my homepage, when using Internet Explorer and viewing the tab “teknik” on my homepage VirtuelleDanmark.dk

Opera, Firefox and Chrome doesn’t have that issue.
    Can I override that blocking af my menu someway?
    I mean – IE is still a major browser.

It works like a breeze though, except from that. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next responsive release.

Greetings from Denmark.

Jesper

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

howdy

this is likely an issue with your wordpress theme and internet explorer and flash, and not specific to panopress, do other embedded flash elements behave the same way ?

you can use the panopress flash window mode “wmode” setting under panopress advanced settings to control how flash behaves with other layers, see here for more info about wmode

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/flash-object-embed-tag-attributes.html#main_Browser_support_for_Window_Mode__wmode__values

may also be some specific IE css issue

otherwise panopress has been tested with internet explorer 8, 9, & 10 and seems to work fine

thanks 🙂

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Jesper Frehr
    Participant

Hi sam

I can see from this example that you are right.

http://www.virtuelledanmark.dk/Testarea/basic-wordpress/?page_id=2

Here the menu falls on top of the flashpano as I want to.

Tried to change to opaque in the vmode settings. That was supposed to force HTML in front of the flash – but it doesn’t.

Should I change theme because of that – or is there a workaround?

Jesper

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

i think it is a specific problem with internet explorer and flash, there may be a workaround but i don’t really use IE myself other than when i need to do some testing, my being a mac user and all that, search google etc for different flash vs IE solutions

supporting IE is important to us though, and we do what we can for compatibility but this would be the theme dev’s thing to fix i believe, if the menu is not playing nicely w flash in IE, send them a report and ask about a possible fix

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.