HomeForumsPanoPress SupportIssues with iThemes Security

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skal 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2906

    skal
    Participant

    Hi,
    I have a site running on wp 3.9.1 + PP 1.2 which conflicts with iThemes Security 4.2.13
    Since it is a quite diffused plugin I think could be interesting to fix it.
    My site is http://www.fotografa-re.it/
    You can find a article using PP a the following link http://www.fotografa-re.it/basilica-san-lorenzo-milano/
    and the working html page (generated with ptgui) at the following link
    I let “not working” the article so you can chek out.
    hope you can find a fix

    #2907

    skal
    Participant

    one more info is that if I access to the pano when I’m logged in, I see the pano. If I acces to it without loging in, it gives me a 404 error

    #2910

    Omer Calev
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    If PanoPress is working when iThemes is disabled check it’s documntation for the right settings or contact their support.

    Omer

    #2926

    Tzilla
    Participant

    Hi Skal, this post is a few weeks old but I’m hoping you see this. I had the same conflict with PanoPress and IThemes Security and solved it. In Ithemes Security I turned off “Filter Suspicious Query Strings in the URL” in Settings > System Tweaks, and that fixed it. Less secure I know but beats disabling the plugin altogether.

    Took a couple of hours to figure out by process of elimination which setting was causing the problem. I knew it was IThemes Security because as soon as I disabled it the PanoPress 404 went away.

    I suspect it has something to do with the url generated by the PanoPress plugin, or, spaces in file Panotour file names or something like that. IThemes Security is detecting it as some kind of query string injection or something.

    #2928

    skal
    Participant

    Hi Skal, this post is a few weeks old but I’m hoping you see this. I had the same conflict with PanoPress and IThemes Security and solved it. In Ithemes Security I turned off “Filter Suspicious Query Strings in the URL” in Settings > System Tweaks, and that fixed it. Less secure I know but beats disabling the plugin altogether.

    Thank you Tzilla,
    I will give a try to your hint as soon I will have a canche and give a feedback.

    Skal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.