HomeForumsPanoPress SupportIframe and PanoPress – some more explanation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nonchiedercilaparola Chesquadri 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hi, i have read krpano documentation and i find this phrases:

“Don’t use <iframe> elements to include the viewer – always include the viewer directly on the page. When using iframes the page / viewport scaling inside the iframe can not be controlled and elements can appear in the wrong size. The scaling which can happen in this case, can also affect the display quality.”

so are this words valid also for panopress plugin?

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

im not sure what you mean, are you having any probs w panopress displaying any panos ?

if you are having probs, can you post a link to a page which is not behaving properly ?

thanks 🙂

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

im not sure what you mean, are you having any probs w panopress displaying any panos ? if you are having probs, can you post a link to a page which is not behaving properly ? thanks sam

i’m studing krpano documentation so i would like to know your opionion about krpano opinion about iframe.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

i have not noticed any situations where panopress is displaying any panos w improper scaling etc as described

panopress does use iframes to embed html files (but not for xml or swf files), however w panopress shortcode (assuming your files are specified as html) we are embedding an entire html page (typically output from krpanotools, pano2vr, panotour pro etc), not just the swf/js viewer which is what i believe klaus is referring to ?

otherwise, specifying your files as xml or swf in panopress shortcode will embed them directly in the page without using iframe if you are having display issues w html embeds

thanks 🙂

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

i have not noticed any situations where panopress is displaying any panos w improper scaling etc as described panopress does use iframes to embed html files (but not for xml or swf files), however w panopress shortcode (assuming your files are specified as html) we are embedding an entire html page (typically output from krpanotools, pano2vr, panotour pro etc), not just the swf/js viewer which is what i believe klaus is referring to ? otherwise, specifying your files as xml or swf in panopress shortcode will embed them directly in the page without using iframe if you are having display issues w html embeds thanks sam

Clear!!! thanks a loto for the replay and the plugin!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.