HomeForumsPanoPress SupportHow to make responsive virtual tour window?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

view360
    Participant

How to make responsive virtual tour window with panopress plugin in my responsive wordpress theme,

Urgent please,

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

howdy

we are truly and finally just about to release panopress 1.1 on the wordpress plugin directory by the end of this week, march 10 2013, promise 🙂

panopress 1.1 will support % based heights & widths, so you will be able to set the width and height as percent of the parent element

otherwise, you would have to cook up your own @media queries for the .pp-embed element, PanoPress may support built in media queries in a future release

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

view360
    Participant

Thanks for the immediate reply,  Really fantastic news about the update release.

Suresh

piralien
    Participant

hi,

does the update also include responsive preview images?

that would be really cool

thanks and greetings

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

preview image size will also be set in %, px, em, etc, but we will not have our own media queries to automatically scale aspect proportionally according to device screen size, so you will have to determine what settings work best for the preview size and aspect ratio you are using and your particular wordpress theme’s layout and responsive behavior, etc

otherwise, you could build your own media queries for panopress using something like the example code below, set the different embed sizes for different screens as desired, i have not tested this code myself, it should be a good to start with but will probably need some modification

note the !important declaration in each rule, and adjust the height and width as you like

see this post for more info on customizing PanoPress CSS

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/panopress-css-tips/

more info on media queries here –

http://arcsec.ca/media-query-builder/

http://wpmu.org/how-to-customize-responsive-wordpress-themes-part-4-media-queries/

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/

we MAY be looking to add direct support for media queries in a future version of panopress after 1.1, stay tuned…

sam

view360
    Participant

Expecting the update version

suresh

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

hi suresh

we had a last min glitch in testing 1.1, panos without size value set in shortcode as numeric value without appending “px” or another size unit could cause the pano to display improperly, @omer is working in getting that sorted ASAP and we should be able to release this week, in just a few more days

sorry for the delay

sam

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

panopress 1.1 has been released with support for percentage based widths included

unfortunately, the media queries css example i posted above actually will not work with panopress at the present time, but we are already working on an update to address this and other issues, so we are on our way to panopress 1.2 soon enough 🙂

sam

Hi, i’m try to use % with panopress. If i set only width all works fine, if i set width and height with % i can’t see a blanck article. can you confirm me that with new release width and height in % works fine? becaouse if is only my problem i can conclude that there is a conflit with my theme and so i start to find the solution. regards

will

lindebjerg
    Participant

Hi Sam,
    I have tried your CSS;( but then I realized that we are not by 1.2 yet!
    …. how or when can I make PanoPress responsive.
    thanks for a great plugin:)

unfortunately, the media queries css example i posted above actually will not work with panopress at the present time, but we are already working on an update to address this and other issues, so we are on our way to panopress 1.2 soon enoug

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

media queries are working fine w panopress 1.1

set your height and width to 100% in panopress settings

include “!important” in your media queries like below

etc

more improvements coming w panopress 1.2, stay tuned…

sam

% also on height work fine for all? is this a problem only for me?

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

if you set it up like above w query specifying height it SHOULD override the 100% and behave properly, prob depends a bit on your specific them though…

sam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.