HomeForumsPanoPress SupportGlobal SWF not working ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jürgen Schrader
    Participant

Hi Omer and Sam,
    this is weird now.
    I’ve been checking all options from the beginning and step by step in order to find out how make best use of pp.
    After some glitches in the beginning everything seemed to work fine now until I got to the part where I wanted to use a global SWF, which of course makes sense.
    I put the krpano.swf and the krpano.js in a separate folder and when I run the pano from pp by calling the html (which has the relative path to the krpano folder) everything is fine.
    But as soon as I call the pano from pp with the xml it won’t start and only show the preview image although the correct path is specified in the plugin options and the box to use the global swf is checked.
    Even worse: when I open the generated html from wordpress it also shows the correct path to the swf.

Only thing I can imagine so far is that still is a path problem because the used domain bavaria360.de is an addon-domain on schrader-air.de.
    What do you think?

Here’s a link, but as I do a lot of testing right now, that probably might not work
    http://panopress.bavaria360.de/?p=1

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

stand by, i will run some tests on global swf config tonight or tomorrow and see what is going on

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

howdy stranger ! 🙂

add on domains and subdomains etc should cause any problems for panopress

global swf still seems working fine on this site, pano on this link is powered by global swf

http://www.panopress.org/examples/krpano-examples/

here is the link for the xml file for that pano

http://www.panopress.org/wp-content/panorama/cunard/cunard.xml

a few points about panopress global swf mode

global swf is only for xml embeds, it does not function with html embeds which are not affected by global swf setting at all, you can mix xml & html embeds across your site, but global swf is either on or off for all xml embeds

usually probs w global swf are about file paths in xml that expect to find swf  or other files in another location relative to the expected swf path as described below, you can use something like the safari activity viewer to determine what is trying to load from where etc and adjust your xml accordingly

if the xml file you are trying to embed already specifies a path to a swf file, that may interfere w global swf, so make sure any such node is removed from your xml

you may also need to alter skin xml paths etc w global swf mode, my xml example linked above uses a global skin file as well, note the paths in the xml, using %swfpath% in your xml may help too

complex panos w hotspots, plugins, etc will prob also need some xml debugging for global swf, if you have an existing project that was generated or created w existing paths expecting to find swf  in a certain location, you will have to adjust these projects to account for the new global swf path, again, using %swfpath% may help nail everything down

once you have the paths figured out you can use them in krpanotools templates and other projects and it all works very smoothly, global swf mode allows you to use a single krpano swf + js for all xml embeds on your site, allowing easy updating only one instance of krpano for new features like webgl when it becomes avail in next krpano release, but global swf might be somewhat complex to implement for a large collection of existing projects w hotspots and plugins etc but it certainly is doable

if you use xml embeds WITHOUT global swf turned on, panopress will expect to find a swf file w the same name as the xml file in the same directory as is normal for krpano (turning on global swf will override this behavior and use global file), not using global swf may be easier way to go for a large collection of swf+xml panoramas  you don’t want to mess with rather than using global swf and do not have or do not want a separate html file per project for html embeds

using html embeds is the easiest way to embed panoramas w panopress, everything will work exactly as if you had opened the html file on its own, panopress will not interfere with existing files or paths, this is the easiest method of embedding a complex project or anything else that will not work w xml embed for some reason, but less flexible than xml or global swf embeds

you should also be able to “roll your own” global swf by just hardcoding global swf path into all xml files, i have not tried it but it should work fine w both xml & html embeds

sam

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

it also seems i had somehow omitted publishing the global swf section on the instructions page, fixed 🙂

http://www.panopress.org/instructions/

sam

Jürgen Schrader
    Participant

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    I don’t know what an xml embed is or what an html embed is and what makes them differrent.
    What I wanted to achieve in first place is to use a global swf without a separate html file for each paono.

In order to track this down I made a very simple example.
    All files in the same directory inside the wp installation, no global swf and no remote server, no plugins, just the plain pano. But even just using the xml-file doesn’t seem to work, so I assume I must have done something wrong.

This is the example (look at the two lower panos from Stockholm).
    http://panopress.bavaria360.de/?page_id=1150
    I used the following code with pp:

pano file=”stockholm_sphere/stockholm_sphere.html” preview=”stockholm_sphere/stockholm_p.jpg”

pano file=”stockholm_sphere/stockholm_sphere.xml” preview=”stockholm_sphere/stockholm_p.jpg”

Looking at the sourcecode in the browser all paths to the files seem to be correct.
    Please tell me why the first one is working and the second is not?
    What is my mistake?

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

panopress treats file=.xml and file=.html in shortcode differently, embedding .html file like this

[ pano file=my-pano.html]

is not affected and cannot be broken by global swf, omer basically added it as a fool proof catch all mode and it will work no matter how global is set

you can also use with absolute urls which will always work no matter what, if you embed a working absolute url to a working html (or htm, php etc) page it will work in panopress

[ pano file=http://www.domain.com/path/my-pano.html]

only embedding as xml is affected by global swf setting

[ pano file=my-pano.xml]

your xml link is below, when i try to embed it with an absolute url i get a security error from krpano, which indicates panopress is functioning properly (on my site at least) but krpano has a prob, do you have some krpano security settings going on somewhere ?

(note – of course, this needs a crosdomain.xml to display the pano without security error on my site)

also try embedding without preview or panobox (panobox=”off” in shortcode) and see if you get the same results

http://panopress.bavaria360.de/wp-content/pano/panoramas/stockholm_sphere/stockholm_sphere.xml

[ pano file=”http://panopress.bavaria360.de/wp-content/pano/panoramas/stockholm_sphere/stockholm_sphere.xml” h=”300″ w=”400″]

Error
    Javascript not activated

Jürgen Schrader
    Participant

As you can see it just displays your code
    http://panopress.bavaria360.de/?page_id=1150

Of course I know that when I use the html I won’t need global SWF settings in the plugin as I call the SWF from the html.
    But for me it seems more elegant to just use the xml, which for unknown reasons will not work on my site.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

seems this was a conflict with the wordpress theme being used, everyone remember to confirm panopress is working properly with the default wordpress theme 🙂

we will be investigating this and other theme conflicts as they arise and hope to resolve as many as we can, so let us know if any others are found

thanks 🙂

sam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.