HomeForumsPanoPress SupportFull-screen iOS work around?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aenghus 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Forum Member

Love the PanoPress plugin. Works great for me, with one little glitch:

Because iOS has apparently not implemented the HTML5 Pano2VR’s full-screen code, I’ve put in a text link under the VR for phone and tablet users to see the VR full screen by loading it in the window by itself. BUT, while it seems to work on the iPhone, on the iPad the VR loads but will not animate or respond to scrolling unless the new window is force-reloaded. Then it works fine.

Any ideas?

The direct link:

The shortcode:

[ pano file=”http://www.voicesfromthedawn.com/wp-content/sites/city/combined/index.html” height=”300″ width=”450″]
    PanoPress 1.0; WordPress 3.5

Sam Rohn
    Site Admin

if this is a problem w a page that is being loaded directly, outside of panopress, than it sounds more likely a problem w html5 fullscreen in general than with wordpress or panopress, prob best to run this one by the pano2vr folks

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Forum Member

Thanks Sam.

I think you’re correct. Next I’m going to try making a page designed to be viewed full-screen using Panopress. Of course, iPad users can approximate the full-screen view simply by “pinching into” the VR. Maybe that’s enough for the tablet users, and I should stop worrying about them!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.