HomeForumsPanoPress SupportEmbedding 360 video panoramas stored on Amazon S3

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wilko124
    Participant

Hi,

Im trying to embed 360 video panoramas that I have stored on Amazon S3, do you have any instructions for this as I can’t set the default upload folder to my Amazon storage. Panopress and Krpano files are hosted on the same server as my wordpress. Ive seen that I can’t embed mp4 files, so is the solution to create a .swf or .html.

Thanks

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

howdy

embedding from S3 server is easy, just use full url in shortcode like this, use html embed for best results, video should load same as normal pano tiles

and of course, replace the url with a tested and working url to page on your s3 server

this is with all pano files (html, swf, js, tiles, etc) on S3 server, if you spread your pano files across different servers you will have to make sure your paths all work properly and do not cause any odd js or swf security issues etc, putting all the files on same server and embedding as html avoids these issues

see this post for more info on hosting panoramas using amazon S3 – http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/hosting-360-panoramas-on-amazon-web-services-s3/

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

wilko124
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Sam. Im very new to this. Could you advise me on how to create the html and xml files.

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

you would need to use krpano to create a 360° video page to use with panopress, see the krpano site for info on 360° video

http://krpano.com/video/

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.