HomeForumsPanoPress Supportauto play / start ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gfkphoto
    Participant

got a slideshow out of ptp, running wp stock theme, panopress only plug in…

got the show to open full screen with panobox…. will this sense the size of the screen for any and all means of access?? pc/mac android/apple phone or tablet??

the page opens to a play button, is there a way that when the page is accessed for the show to open automatically???

i’m  a photographer, not a web designer…. if someone could through me a bone in english i would be grateful….

thanks

g

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

if you are using panopress & embed your panorama without a preview image, it will load when the page opens without clicking, please review the panopress instructions for more info on using the shortcode

pano with NO preview image
    [pano file=”path/my-pano.html”]

pano with preview image
    [pano file=”path/my-pano.html” preview=”path/my-pano.jpg”]

also make sure panobox is turned off in either panopress settings or the shortcode, see panopress instructions for more details

pano with NO preview image & panobox off
    [pano file=”path/my-pano.html” panobox=”off”]

note that there are some display issues with panopress 1.0b1 & internet explorer 8/9 where some panos may fail to load, so please test in another browser to make sure IE is not causing your problems, this has been fixed in the upcoming version of panopress which should be out in the next week

otherwise, running a wordpress site does require investing a bit of time & learning the basics & some web & design knowledge if you want to customize things & get the most out of it, so take your time, be patient, nobody is born knowing all of this but if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the basics it will all fall into place

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

gfkphoto
    Participant

thanks sam…. recon i forgot that part…. i had it working that way, sorry…. and it does auto open/play… however i really looking for the browser fill/full screen display…

when i run it local, the show fills the entire browser window… and that is what i am after… for it to open full screen when the page opens….

when i had the panobox set to full screen, it was close to what i was looking for, but would not auto open as you said….

i’m after, open the page and the show is full screen…

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

if you want to display your panoramas 100% height & width full browser window in wordpress it would be a question of customizing your wordpress theme template files, a somewhat advanced undertaking

if you just want to open a new page with the pano .html file from panotour pro (like your description) just open it in a new page with a normal link, that is pretty much the most basic html there is and this would not require panopress which is for embedding panos inside a wordpress site/page, not opening pages “outside” of wordpress in new windows which would be just a simple link to the other page, prob best to review some basic wordpress tutorials as well

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.