HomeForumsPanoPress SupportAndroid Tablet not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wandering213 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wandering213
    Participant

I’m using a tour on PanoPress 1.1 that was made in Panotour Pro. It opens fine on iPad, but will not load on an iPhone 4 (It’s not mine so I can’t troubleshoot that currently) or on my Android tablet. On the table I get a 404 page not found error and the requested URI of

/panorama/krpano.html?xml=projects/mobiltour/mobiltour.xml&html5=always?base=http://www.visibletour.com/panorama/krpano.html?xml=projects/mobiltour/

I have a single html file to access the tours with a  the krpano js and swf files saved in a single location. The iPhon problem may be different, but any idea on what may be causing the problem on the android?

The tour XML files are located in /panorama/projects/tour name/ tour name.xml and the js and swf files are pointed to in the html file in /panorama/krpano.

The website is available here: http://www.visibletour.com/

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

i see that it loads ok on desktop but i also saw the 404 on iphone 4

probably you need to specify absolute paths in your url queries and xml to get things to work properly with global files, also maybe %swfpath% in xml as needed etc –

relative urls in url queries or xml can cause krpano to look for some files from root of site or root of dynamic url (which does not exist as real directory of course) when loaded from wp pages, so using absolute urls as needed should resolve this

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

wandering213
    Participant

Is there any way to debug the process to narrow down where it falls through?

I have absolute paths in the html file, and I can open the krpano page directly with an absolute xml path and still get the 404 error, but I haven’t tried going to absolute paths yet in the XML.

Omer Calev
    Keymaster

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

here is a page on Debugging Web Content on iOS

https://developer.apple.com/library/safari/#documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/DebuggingSafarioniPhoneContent/DebuggingSafarioniPhoneContent.html

normally i would use the safari 5 activity viewer to see what paths are not loading etc

make sure all of the paths in the urls you are calling are absolute too

otherwise, a direct working link to the pano and example of how you are using the shortcode might help us see what is going on

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

wandering213
    Participant

Thanks for the help guys. The problem is solved, as it turns out the .htaccess file has some old  instructions that needed to be cleaned out. Everything works fine now. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.