HomeForumsPanoPress SupportAndroid html5 for krpano

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rike
    Participant

hi there,

I have problems with Android for krpano. I’ve solved locally changing in a way prefer index.html

html5: “prefer”

but as I do this in panopres?

best regards
    Ricardo

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

panopress has no effect on settings in krpano html, as long as you have everything working properly with krpano it will work fine with panopress

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Rike
    Participant

hi Sam,

then, as I get that work on the new Android html5?

Now if I open my web with Android asks me FLASH

http://galicia360.com/campo-lameiro-laxe-dos-carballos/

In Iphone & Ipad html5 works well, but Android will not seek first flash html5.

How can I fix it?

thank you

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

make sure you are embedding your pano as .html file, not xml for best android html 5 compatibility

also make sure you include all info described in the panopress FAQ if oyu need mroe help, direct link to pano etc

http://www.panopress.org/forums/topic/panopress-troubleshooting-faq-read-me/

thanks

sam

m.civita
    Participant

make sure you are embedding your pano as .html file, not xml for best android html 5 compatibility

also make sure you include all info described in the panopress FAQ if oyu need mroe help, direct link to pano etc

thanks

sam

Hi, i have the same problem. Also if i one your example page with android it doesn’t work as html5….
    http://www.panopress.org/example/krpano-examples/

Rike
    Participant

Hi,

and I still do not fix it:-)

Sam, call the pluging panopress xml to html within WP.

Therefore, the solution must be within panopress programming.

regards
    Ricardo

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

howdy

some panos on panopress site may be a bit dated which may cause some problems with some versions of android, but that is more about krpano vs android than panopress or wordpress

otherwise, as above, we really need all the info requested in the help guide to try to understand and solve problems like this

If you are still having problems, start a new topic (or reply to an existing topic reporting the same issue) in the forum with the following info

Please include ALL of the following information in your post if you are reporting a problem with PanoPress:

• Important! – Have you tried disabling other plugins and using the default wordpress theme ?
    • A link to a live page on your site demonstrating the problem
    • a working, direct link to your panorama outside of wordpress
    • An example of the shortcode that is failing
    • What panorama player are you are using (Krpano, Pano2VR, PanoTour Pro, etc) ?
    • What versions of PanoPress and WordPress are you using ?

otherwise, i do not own an android device so i cannot test this personally, please test a direct link to pano you are embedding (not a wordpress page with the embed) to the pano in question on your android device, and let us know if the pano works on android on its own outside of wordpress

if the direct link outside of wordpress does not work on android, then it is an issue with that device or krpano coding, not panopress or wordpress

from what i understand, there are compatibility issues with different versions and implementations of krpano vs the same with android and different OS versions and browsers and devices etc

please see the krpano forums for more info on krpano android compatibility

sam

Rike
    Participant

Hi Sam,

I still do not resolve this issue, he had left forgotten, but the reality is it does not work on Android.

The KRPANO is set in html5 html to “prefer” I krpano use in my personal works and works well on Android when I assign html5 “prefer”. But here in PanoPress, the insertion of the code assigns that preference. It is an issue that has to solve the plugin programmer.

I need an urgent solution! Thank you!

Hola Sam,

yo sigo sin resolver este problema, lo había dejado olvidado, pero la realidad es que no funciona en Android.

El KRPANO se configura en el html para que html5: “prefer” , yo uso krpano en mis trabajos personales y funciona perfectamente en Android cuando asigno html5: “prefer”. Pero, aqui en PanoPress, la inserción del código no permite asignar esa preferencia. Es un tema que tiene que solucionar el programador del pluging.

Necesito una solución urgente ! gracias !

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

panopress cannot overwrite or otherwise alter your own html or xml files, so it cannot be changing your parameters

as above, for best results make sure you are embedding as .html file, not .xml file

sam

Rike
    Participant

Hello Sam

but if I embed krpano with html using an iframe.

Why would I want panopress? 🙂

The logic is that the embed code panopress include html5 krpano preference.

I also wrote to Omer Calev no answer. Who is not the plugin programmer, and I like to talk to him! to see if we can find solutions, because if you do not, I have to stop using it. And I like it!

greetings

Sam Rohn
    Keymaster

panopress can use iframe with .html embed and will set “allowfullscreen” when doing so, but this is not the same thing as html5=”prefer” in krpano, and panopress does not otherwise override or change any settings in your krpano files

i think @omer is on summer vacation right now, he will have a look at this when he gets back, but “android” is a broad description, it is possible that your errors are particular to your specific android device, OS, or browser, so see if you get similar results on other android devices

sam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.