Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

NOTICE - PANOPRESS FORUMS HAVE MOVED !
THESE FORUMS ARE LOCKED, THIS PAGE IS NOW CLOSED
PLEASE LOGIN & POST ON THE NEW PANOPRESS FORUM PAGE HERE -
http://www.panopress.org/forums/
problems with panopress on ipad and no background on panobox
  • KidLokoKidLoko August 2012
    Hi

I've been using panopress for a long time, and today I finally updated to the last version.
    Well, I see now when using the panobox you see no background, only a thin back border, and as my website bg is black, I cannot see the close button either. I also noticed that when not using panobox doesn't work on my iPad anymore (before updating it did). And I cannot get to work any panopress panorama on it. I tryed a lot of configurations, even using absolute paths
    I already looked for a solution in the instructions and the forum... but I didnt find it

Any help would be appreciated.
    aclaration

on the iPad:
    when I use a preview image on the code, it shows the image but when you tap on it nothing happens
    when I dont use a preview image so the panorama gets embeded, you only see a interrogation simbol icon
    I tried on safari and chrome

this is my website: www.arco360.es

thanks
  • Sam+RohnSam Rohn August 2012
    very nice panos on your site :)

for the panobox display issues, try changing the panobox style settings to something other than what you are using, perhaps the "adaptive" setting is the cause here - otherwise you can change panobox appearance using css

i see the panos that do not load on ipad, like here 

http://arco360.es/wordpress/ejemplos/panoramas/

what is the shortcode you are using for these ?

have you tried checking (or unchecking) "Don't use Panobox for mobile devices" in prefs ? also try using turning the panobox on/off per pano within the shortcode like panobox=”on” or panobox=”off”

also, under advanced settings, have a look at 

Performance - Only one active panorama per page for: none/mobile/all

otherwise, it may be a conflict with another plugin or your theme, try disabling other plugins and testing w the default twenty eleven theme 

thanks

sam
    Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City
    Thanks for your comment :) It's nice coming from you, I've been following your work and I think it's outstanding. You can see I even tried to imitate your website style (not very succesfully btw)

Here is a test of my last and most time spending work, in case you want to give some feedback ;)

About my problems... can you believe I couldnt find the panopress settings till today? I was looking into Plugins section... I finally solved the style issue, but cannot get panopress to work on my ipad
    Anyway that's not a big deal, I can see them using the link instead.
    I will try turning off some plugins as you say and see what happens. Do you think the theme may be a problem for mobile devices? Or you mean just for the style problem.
    Ah! Most of the panos are not made for iphone/ipad, I bought the license recently with panotour pro, so only the last ones are prepared for this.

Well, thanks a lot for your time and help

David