Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

NOTICE - PANOPRESS FORUMS HAVE MOVED !
THESE FORUMS ARE LOCKED, THIS PAGE IS NOW CLOSED
PLEASE LOGIN & POST ON THE NEW PANOPRESS FORUM PAGE HERE -
http://www.panopress.org/forums/
panopress visualization: black thin border around cube faces.
  • Hi, i'm tryingo to do work properly panopress visualization but there is a problem: if i see the pano by panopress (also in full screen) appears black thin border around cube faces. But i i see the same pano directley out of wordpress the visualization is perfect. so There ia a sort of incompatibility betewwn cube face dimension and panopress (this problem is present also with other iframe plugin like i[frame])? my pano is comped by six image 2200 x 2200 pixel (About six mb in total)
  • Omer+CalevOmer Calev August 2012
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting, I'm not sure but this may be related:
    http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6140

Omer
    Omer Calev, 360° Photography www.omercalev.com
  • i read it!!! thanks

just a little question: is it possible to set panosize in a way that fit with parent element? 
  • ummh i have read the link, but my problem isn't relativo to ipad but in general about all visualization from ifram or panopress or other plugin. I have created the file with kolor panotour pro 1.6.

• Sam+RohnSam Rohn August 2012
    can you post links to both the wordpress page with the panorama embedded and the panotour pro html file ? it is always helpful when we can see exactly how things are behaving for ourselves

thanks

sam
    Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City
  • this is the panotour pro html file:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/> 
    <title>Virtual Tour generated by Panotour</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"/>
            <style type="text/css">
                * {
                    padding: 0;
                    margin: 0;
                }
                html, body {
    background-color: transparent;
                }
                #container {
    background-color: transparent;
                    width: 100%;
                    margin: 0 auto;
                }
                * html #container {
                    height: 100%;
                }
            </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <script src="swfobject/swfkrpano.js"></script>
            <div id="container">
                <div id="panoDIV" >
                        <script>
                        embedpano({target:"panoDIV",swf:"Civitanova_Marche.swf",width:"100%",height:"100%",allowFullScreen:"true"});
    </script>
                        <noscript>
                                <div id="tour">
                                        <object width="100%" height="100%">
                                                <embed src="Civitanova_Marche.swf" width="100%" height="100%" allowFullScreen="true">
                                                </embed>
                                        </object>
                                </div>
                        </noscript>
                </div>
            </div>
    </body>
    </html>

wordpress isn't the problem, i have the same error with a simple iframe. I have notice that this error is present only when the ipad is in landscape position. 

• Sam+RohnSam Rohn August 2012
    we would really need to see a link to the wordpress page and a link directly to the panorama .html file (not the code from that file as above) to tell, but this issue is most likely not related to panopress or wordpress, or the html code in your ptp file...

most likely something to do with the specific cube face size you are using for ipad, if it is not specifically a panopress problem best to check try the krpano or panotour pro forums

sam
  • this is a link to the virtual tour (is it a demo version). 

• if you see the vt with ipad you can see the problem.
  • Sam+RohnSam Rohn September 2012
    i don't think this problem is caused by wordpress or panopress, most likely this is caused by the specific cube face size you are using for ipad clashing with the specific window size you are using to display the pano, try adjusting the cube face and/or window size and see if that helps

also see the response to your question on krpano forums, klaus (krpano author) says page scaling on ios 5 could be the cause, meaning this might happen on any webpage displaying a html5 pano that has been scaled down by ios, which again make this unlikely to be a wordpress or panopress issue

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=39871#post39871

have you tried the solutions klaus recommends ? did it not work ?

otherwise, if you make a static html page to display the pano at the same size as you are using w panopress, you would most likely see the same black lines w html5 panos on ios, which would confirm that this is not caused by panopress

in any event, if you are just embedding a panotour pro page as html, neither panopress or wordpress would be altering the code from panotour pro or krpano in any way so very unlikely panopress is the cause of this

sam
  • hi, thanks for the reply and assistance. The plugin pano press ia very cool. Now i'm buy the licence of krpano - kolor panotour so i'll test the new version. again thanks.

will